Polar Bear Challenge
Back again for a fourth year, the Weston Polar Bear Challenge is a non-competitive fundraiser to help towards the regeneration of Weston Marine Lake
Everyone who completes 12 polar bear actions between the 1st of October 2023 and the 31st of March 2024, with a minimum of 2 per month will be presented with a Weston Polar Bear Challenge cloth swim badge at our end of season beach party!
Please pay £15.00 before starting the challenge (or £5 for Bear Cubs under 14)
All money will go towards the lake regeneration which is a community project run by volunteers.
You can do your land action, dip or swim anywhere as long as it’s outdoors and cold – it doesn’t have to be in Weston but we’d love to have you here :
Choose your challenge!
- Land Lover – A bear who supports others or cares for the beach environment E.g. Cake making, dry robe holding, beach dog sitting and litter picking
- Bear Cub – Not quite a grown bear yet (under 14) and does any land or water activity
- Paddler – A bear who likes to dip their toe in – or up to their calf actually. How long were you in for?
- Dipper – A bear who likes to put their shoulders under and have a chit chat! How long where you in for?
- Swimmer – A bear who likes to swim! How far did you swim?
- Make a BACS payment from your bank to Weston Marine Lake Mudlarks CIC Bank account – Sort Code: 16-58-10 Account Number: 21596549 (please include PBC & your initials in the Reference if possible, eg PBC-MB).
If unable to pay online the form allows for us to make alternative arrangements, just tick the relevant box (the PayPal subscribe link below is a subscription service, which is for those that would like to set up a regular payment to help support the Lake)
- Complete the form below – make sure you use a name that we will recognise, and hopefully matches your bank details!
- Post on social media so the world can see how amazing you all are; use the hashtag #WestonPolarBearChallenge so we can all see you!